The history of Bien Pharmacy dates back to 1882 when pioneer homesteader N. J. Bleser opened the doors of Bleser Drug in Milbank Junction, Dakota Territory (South Dakota would become a state 7 years later in 1889). N. J. Bleser and later his son, Karl Bleser, operated Bleser Drug until 1967 when John Radeke purchased the pharmacy changing the name to Radeke Drug. In 1987 Dan Hilgenberg purchased the pharmacy from Radeke and changed the name to Dan’s Pharmacy. Finally, in 2007 Lance Bien purchased the pharmacy from Hilgenberg and changed the name to Bien Pharmacy. Although the name has changed several times over the years, Bien Pharmacy is one of the oldest independent family-owned pharmacies in South Dakota. Our commitment to excellent customer service is the main reason for our success and longevity. We look forward to continuing this tradition for many years to come.
- Fundraising History August 1, 2023
- 2022 Sponsors March 24, 2022
- New Board Members December 10, 2020
- 19th Annual It Only Takes A Spark Cancer Walk Results June 20, 2016
- 2016 Auction Items June 9, 2016